The last time Panini America released its Select Soccer brand, all the product did was earn the 2016 Industry Summit Global Product of the Year Award, instantly solidifying the product as a soccer staple and raising expectations for the encore. So you just knew Panini America's Soccer Product Development Team was going to come up with something the push the envelope. Turns out that something is . . . Zebra Prizms.
The last time Panini America released its Select Soccer brand, all the product did was earn the 2016 Industry Summit Global Product of the Year Award, instantly solidifying the product as a soccer staple and raising expectations for the encore. So you just knew Panini America’s Soccer Product Development Team was going to come up with something the push the envelope. Turns out that something is . . . Zebra Prizms.
Boasting striking stripes and low numbering, the new Zebra Prizms will be limited to just 25 copies each and must be seen to be truly appreciated. But wild Prizm developments are just one part of a 2017-18 Select Soccer release that’s primed for another award-worthy release. 2017 Select Soccer includes on-card autographs from the world’s greatest soccer players and the unique three-tiered base set that grows increasingly more scarce with each level.
Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America in late November, each hobby box of 2017-18 Select Soccer (five cards per pack, 12 packs per box, 12 boxes per case) will deliver three autograph or memorabilia cards. Additional highlights of the product are many and include . . .
- Three 100-card base sets each with their own unique parallel structures and the debut of the following new Prizm parallels: Zebra (numbered to 25 and featured across all three base sets), Maroon (numbered to 199 and exclusive to the Terrace base set), Fuchsia (numbered to 125 and exclusive to the Terrace base set) and Pink Die-Cuts (numbered to 60 and exclusive to the Mezzanine base set).
- For the first time, Select Soccer includes on-card autographs in the Select Signatures insert that features fresh ink from the likes of David Luiz, Giovani dos Santos, Cristiano Ronaldo, Christian Pulisic, Ivan Perisic, Erik Lamela, Marc Janko and more.
- Find the best of both worlds in the Jersey Autographs chase. Every card features a swatch of memorabilia and an autograph. Look for big hits from superstars such as Thomas Müller, Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Neymar Jr. and many more.
- Three insert sets that showcase swatches of authentic memorabilia. Look for team tandems in Double Team Memorabilia, energetic players in Sparks and impact players in X-Factor. Look for at least one memorabilia card per box on average.
- Find two inserts per box, on average, from a captivating lineup that includes Unlimited Potential (featuring up-and-comers on the world soccer stage), Top of the Class (highlighting 10 of the best players in the world) and Equalizers (showcasing some of the most dynamic goal scorers on the pitch); Each insert set has four parallels: Camo (numbered to 25), Gold (numbered to 10) Green (numbered to five) and Black 1/1s.
- Finally, be on the lookout for the soccer debut of Panini America’s dazzling Kaboom! insert. The beautifully illustrated cards are printed on a bright, vivid card stock that will shimmer in the eyes of every collector.
We’ll have plenty more on 2017-18 Select Soccer in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek:
Shop for your favorite Panini America soccer products now at the official online store of Panini America.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.