Boasting a breadth of old-school design quirks, timeless throwback collecting nuances and an abundance of good, old-fashioned fun, Panini America's 2013 Hometown Heroes Baseball looks to jettison collectors back in time when the product releases in early October.
Boasting a breadth of old-school design quirks, timeless throwback collecting nuances and an abundance of good, old-fashioned fun, Panini America’s 2013 Hometown Heroes Baseball looks to jettison collectors back in time when the product releases in early October.
Each hobby box of 2013 Hometown Heroes Baseball (12 packs per box, 24 cards per pack) will deliver three autographs, three SportDiscs (yes, those SportDiscs), five State parallels, one ZIP Codes parallel and an assortment of creative inserts that includes three Curtain Call, two City Hall, two Defining Moments, one Nickname, one Rivalry and one Homegrown Heroes.
The product’s highlights are many and include:
- A 300-card base set that features players from the last six decades.
- SportDiscs: Think back to those lenticular action coins that were found on the bottoms of the cups from one of your favorite summertime beverages. You’ll find new players featured on these SportDiscs — three in every box.
- Left Their Marks: Players can leave a mark with fans in different ways, both on and off the field. Whether it’s sprinting on the field, doing back flips or just dominant game performances, these players Left Their Marks and are featured in this insert.
- Scripted Legacy: Combine a Hall of Fame induction speech with a signature and you’ll have a Scripted Legacy. Some of the game’s all-time greats can be found in this set. And just like the players featured, these cards will be treasured.
- Nicknames: Getting a nickname is the rite of passage for a baseball player, but getting one that sticks and becomes as recognizable as the player himself is incredible. This set features some of the most recognizable nicknames in the history of the game: Ryno, The Kid, Dr. K, Joey Bats and more.
- Hometown Signatures: This on-card autograph insert features players that have a strong following. Known for their hard-nosed play and interaction with fans on and off the field, these players have shown what it takes to become fan favorites.
- Three autographs and 19 additional inserts or parallels per box.
We’ll have plenty more on 2013 Hometown Heroes Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But for now, take a minute to check out the preview images below.
All information is accurate at the time of posting. Content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display.