It says something about the staying power of a brand when it can last for more than 20 years as a viable, vibrant staple on the football card landscape. But that’s exactly what the venerable Elite Football franchise has accomplished. To be sure, it’s come a long way since debuting in 1996 as a “limited” insert numbered to “just” 10,000. Today, the product is a fixture for football fans and collectors seeking their new-season fix in the heat of the summer.
For the 2019 Elite Football release, Panini America officials are injecting the product with a delicious dose of history (the 100-card 1999 Elite insert), an abundance of new (the first trading cards featuring new rookies in their NFL uniforms) and a little bit of everything in between.
Release Date: June 26, 2019
Product Configuration: Five cards per pack, 20 packs per box, 12 boxes per case.
Box Break: Two autographs, one memorabilia card, six parallels and three Rookie Cards per box, on average.
- One of the highlights of the calendar is back again with new inserts, new designs and all of the top rookies from the 2019 NFL Draft.
- Chase all of the new NFL Rookie Cards, featuring players in their professional uniforms for the first time.
- The always-popular Pen Pals and Pen Pals Duals will feature on-card autographs of the top rookies with Black, Blue, Green and Red variations.
- Collect the entire 100-card 1999 Elite set. With 50 NFL rookies and 50 veteran/retired players, this throwback design will be a must-have for collectors.
- Look for Turn of the Century Autographs from the top rookies of the 2019 NFL Draft Class all numbered to 199 or less.
- The 2018 rookies featured in the preview gallery below are intended to show what 2019 rookie designs will look like.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.
Here’s the product PIS document: 2019_Elite_FB_HOBBY