At this point in the Black Gold brand's brief-but-brilliant history, it's safe to call the unique product a bona fide trailblazer. It debuted to rave reviews as a late-season addition to Panini America's 2014 NFL trading card roster and returned to open arms again in 2015. In the coming weeks Black Gold will crossover to the NBA. In late July, Black Gold will bring its content-rich lineup to the collegiate landscape.
At this point in the Black Gold brand’s brief-but-brilliant history, it’s safe to call the unique product a bona fide trailblazer. It debuted to rave reviews as a late-season addition to Panini America’s 2014 NFL trading card roster and returned to open arms again in 2015. In the coming weeks Black Gold will crossover to the NBA. In late July, Black Gold will bring its content-rich lineup to the collegiate landscape.
Due out July 27, 2016 Black Gold Collegiate storms to campus for a standout freshman campaign featuring the trademark acetate technology, Shadowboxes, metallic logos, and compelling autograph and memorabilia content that have come to define Black Gold’s success so far.
Each box of 2016 Black Gold Collegiate (four cards per pack, two packs per box, eight boxes per case) will deliver one Shadowbox base card, one autograph or autograph memorabilia card, one additional autograph or memorabilia card and one manufactured metal card. Among the product’s many highlights . . .
- The Autograph Jersey insert includes oversized memorabilia pieces and signatures from past and present college greats. The Super Prime parallel is numbered to only one.
- Each pack contains a metallic logo card from a lineup that includes both Team Symbol and Rated Rookie versions including rare Holo Gold parallels.
- Golden Opportunity shadowbox memorabilia cards featuring top rookies such as Ezekiel Elliott, Karl-Anthony Towns and Kyle Schwarber and including Tag 1/1s.
- On-card Black Gold FB, BK and BB Autographs signed in gold ink and paralleled by versions numbered to 25 and one, respectively.
- A 100-card base set that features college greats from yesterday and today; look for parallel versions numbered to 99 or less with Printing Plate versions numbered to only one.
- Fast becoming an industry favorite with its golden-inked on-card autos, Black Gold AUtograph is highlighted by top draft picks from the 2016 NFL Draft, including No. 2 overall pick Carson Wentz.
- Chase the Massive Materials insert that includes a shadowbox design and an oversized memorabilia swatch from notable rookies like LSU’s National Pitcher of the Year Aaron Nola.
- The 20-player Shadowbox Swatches insert features the best of the best from this year’s NFL, NBA and baseball rookie classes shadowbox style with a memorabilia swatch; look for White Gold Prime and Super Prime versions numbered to 10 or less.
- In Sizeable Signatures Jersey, look for monstrous memorabilia swatches and on-card autographs.
- The Quad Materials insert features jersey pieces from four players synonymous with their alma mater; parallel versions, including Team Logos, are numbered to 99 or less.
We’ll have plenty more on 2016 Black Gold Collegiate in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. Until then, here’s an extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.
6 Replies to “Panini America Provides Detailed First Look at 2016 Black Gold Collegiate (Gallery)”
This is one set I’ve yet to purchase…but thats going to change this year 🙂 These look amazing!:-)
I am a huge fan of Black Gold football, this new adaptation of the the program to college is very exciting. Thanks Tracy!
VERY stoked to see the checklist for this stuff…college baseball is SO underrated!!
More Black and Gold….no complaints at all from me. Love this stuff!