The long-awaited return of the fabled Titanium brand to the hockey-card landscape last season made for one of the biggest pleasant surprises of 2011-12. Panini America's decision not just to bring the product back after so many years away -- but to also remain loyal to Titanium's proud past -- clearly resonated with passionate hockey collectors.
The long-awaited return of the fabled Titanium brand to the hockey-card landscape last season made for one of the biggest pleasant surprises of 2011-12. Panini America’s decision not just to bring the product back after so many years away — but to also remain loyal to Titanium’s proud past — clearly resonated with passionate hockey collectors.
Here’s betting the highly anticipated follow-up will, too.
According to the current release calendar, 2012-13 Titanium Hockey is slated to arrive in late January packing one memorabilia or autograph card in every pack, at least one autograph in every five-pack box and one Rookie Card numbered to the featured player’s jersey number in every case.
To be sure, 2012-13 Titanium’s highlights are plentiful and include . . .
- A 100-card base set with the possibility of up to 100 Rookies (with at least 50 hobby-exclusive rookies)
- A hobby-exclusive base design and several hobby-only insert sets
- A stacked insert lineup featuring Rookie Six Star Memorabilia cards embedded with six different types of memorabilia, Four Star Memorabilia, Milestone Goal Die-Cuts, Game Worn Gear, Scorers and Metallic Marks Autographs.
- Hobby-exclusive Ruby and Gold parallels honoring veteran stars on cards numbered to players’ jersey numbers and draft positions
- Hobby Gold Rookies RCs — the most limited in the industry — numbered to the featured player’s jersey number with hobby-exclusive Gold Draft parallels
- The all-new Milestone Goal Scorer Die-Cut jersey cards
We’ll have much more on 2012-13 Titanium Hockey right here on The Knight’s Lance in the coming weeks. Until then, enjoy this revealing first look at the product.
12 Replies to “Panini Peek: 2012-13 Titanium Hockey”
Looking like a great start just sucks there is no NHL so no new crop of rookies to collect.
The cards look great and I’m VERY excited for the return of Titanium since it was my favorite product last year. But one tiny suggestion, please get rid of the GIANT “Panini Titanium” logo behind the player photos. It drastically takes away from the overall design of the cards. Maybe silhouette the team logo behind instead. Other than that, awesome stuff as usual!
Agreed! What’s wrong with having a large team logo as the back ground. Make it look more like a hockey card, than an advertisement.
Looks great…wished Titanium football would make its return…HINT HINT…
Great Looking Product, I Want My NHL
I like the diamond plate detail on the Game Gear cards.
Any chance some of the cards or inserts can feature NHL players in their European or KHL uniforms? Or does that run afoul of licenses? Would be awesome to see some players featured on teams from across the pond.
What happened to the famed red “Rookie” diamond?
That Kopitar card blends so well together. Didnt get to try much of this last year. Im hoping to this year. Another job well done. Very nice.
Any chance of seeing the return of the Titanium Sweater Auto collection.
We may not see hockey this year but at least we are getting a sweet hockey product. I have always loved Titanium so this helps reduce some of the pain from loosing out on the NHL on television.