Just more than a week ago, as part of our Panini Unwrapped episode for 2010-11 Absolute Memorabilia Basketball, we asked viewers to post a picture of them with their favorite Panini America basketball card pull of the year on The Knight's Lance for a chance to win some of the hits.
Just more than a week ago, as part of our Panini Unwrapped episode for 2010-11 Absolute Memorabilia Basketball, we asked viewers to post a picture of them with their favorite Panini America basketball card pull of the year on The Knight’s Lance for a chance to win some of the hits.
True to form, you did not disappoint.
Frankly, the submissions were so good that we decided to award multiple winners. In fact, if you see your picture in the collage at the top of this post (or a bigger image of yourself in the gallery that follows), you’re a winner.
(We’ll be in touch via email to snag your mailing address so we can mail your prize card to you.)
Before we get to the winner’s gallery, here a few selected comments from the entrants:
- “This Larry Bird Masters Jersey is one of my favorite pulls of the year so far. Back to collecting after 15 years or so, this is a lot of fun! I would love to win one of those Absolute Memorabilia cards with basketball and jersey.”
- “I’m a huge Pistons fan, so pulling this Timeless Treasures Greg Monroe RC jersey auto out of 50 was awesome!”
- “A very excited me with my first hit of the 2011 season: A sick Panini Donruss Masters patch of Chris Mullin #06/49.”
- “If 2009-10 counts then here I am with my Brandon Jennings Freshman Orientation. May not be the most valuable card but it is my favorite of the last year so, therefore my best pull.”
- “I included a pic of two of my favorites from this year; because while I pulled both during this NBA season, one card is technically from last year’s Contenders. I bought three packs and had pulled Blake’s brother, Taylor, in the pack before I got the more desired brother. The other is a nice patch card I pulled from this year’s Prestige of Amare, formerly of my hometown Suns.”
- “I love the old-school look and feel, as well as the simplicity of these cards. I was ecstatic that an autographed version of the base from my favorite player, Chris Andersen, was included in this release.”
- “I pulled this out of a blaster and the funny thing is in the same blaster I got a Crawford base-card auto, two Jordan Crawford autos in one blaster . . . WINNING!”
- It was hard to decide. Upper left, a sweet premium swatch #ed 3/25; lower left, Lance Stephenson rookie patch sig; upper right, a Kobe swatch #ed/150; lower right, Danilo Gallinari #ed 2/10.
You should be able to match the comment with the collector who shared it by checking out the images below: